We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Here “Wee Jest” will get the costume and finishing.
You did it! Welcome to the final part of the WEE JEST where we put it all together!
For Wee Jest: the Costume and finishing You will need:
- some stretch fabric for the suit
- the pattern : see link below
- Needle and thread
- a wine bottle
- some ribbon for the collar
- your sense of humour
make your pattern:
- cut out your pattern
- sew the wrong sides together
- clip the curves and ends
- turn the suit right side out
Now WEE JEST: (the Costume and Finishing): Here is how to attach the arms and head to the costume.
The ribbon Collar details:
Now your finished piece is ready for ribbon (details shown in the video above).
You could use a pre made ruffled ribbon
Or use a piece of wide ribbon and
- Cut approximately a meter (a little greater than a yard) of wide ribbon
- Fold the ribbon lengthwise in half
- Use an “in and out” simple running stitch
- This stitch will hold the ribbon edges together
- and will allow the ribbon to be gathered
Enjoy your finished WEE JEST!!!!!
If you missed the other tutorials for ” Wee Jest”, they can be found using the links below.
- Polymer Clay Tutorial: “WEE JEST”: Part One
- Polymer Clay: “WEE JEST’s”: Hat Part Two
- “WEE JEST”: the Hands and Tiny Jester Part Three
This week is a very short post because I have just opened a solo show at our gallery. Our gallery is called The Swan. The Swan Gallery is a collective of six artists. The show is hanging in the gallery until the end of this weekend and I am squeezing this post and video tutorials around this.