We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
polymer clay figure tutorial : making a Hat for foxie
This week’s Polymer Clay Figure Tutorial continues our series on the FOXIE character we have been playing with. The YouTube video shows how to create the back of the head and add a hat, something you can use for all of your polymer faces.
Often you create a face and want to stop before you overwork it by adding more clay to the back of the face (or head) and to do so you would colour and cure the face first and then continue to work on the piece. This means you do not accidentally “squish” your work to the face as you try to add clay. I use this method when I teach and it saves loss and also teaches adding and layering of polymer.
The FOXIE Polymer Clay FIGURE tutorial for all levels.
Summer is in it’s final weeks … the perfect time to be finishing with some ideas and details for the Foxie character I hope you have enjoyed making.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Neutral prepared clay : SEE how here : https://hellocreativesisters.com/how-to-condition-polymer-clay-the-beginning-students-guide/
- Small amount of black clay (also conditioned as above)
- Scissors : fabric and paper scissors
- Sculpting tools : my favorites are a double pointed knitting needle and a set of three tools by Sculpey : Style and Detail Tool Set
- Makeup and chalks for coloring
- Paint brushes for your coloring
- Sense of humor! (never begin without it)
Let’s watch making and colouring the hat for FOXIE :
you try and see what you come up with for a hat or a bow or …
This week is the final FOXIE video and our series is complete. Leaves me and perhaps you wondering what will come next … ?
stay tuned 🙂